Software Engineer Java (f/m/d)
What we do
Wandelbots revolutionizes the way how industrial robots are programmed and used. In contrast to traditional manual programming of robots, Wandelbots enables non-programmers to teach robots by demonstration with various input devices. People can simply demonstrate industrial robots how a task is performed. Therefore, we develop a flexible component-based software infrastructure. The middleware is based on a modular architecture developed in Java. Our mission is to provide a platform- and vendor independent solution for teaching industrial robots. We need YOU to make this happen!
You will develop software components for interacting with various industrial robots (KUKA, ABB, FANUC, STÄUBLI …) and end-effectors (grippers, tools …) as well as simulation tools. You will participate in the whole development cycle including design, development and deployment of the software.
As a central part of our backend team you will have a chance to make a major impact on our company.
Our mission is to provide a platform- and vendor independent solution for teaching industrial robots. You can help us to make this happen.
What we offer
- Be part of an innovative, challenging and fun work-environment in one of the most exciting start-ups in Germany
- The chance to work with the biggest, smallest and hottest companies in the whole world
- State-of-the-art management and communication software
- Flat hierarchies, space for your design
- Live and work in Dresden, a leading educational, cultural, and industrial center in Germany, located in the picturesque Elbe valley
- Much more than just a fruit basket
Java Entwickler Software Ingenieur
- You have 3+ years of industrial experience in building object-oriented Java applications (with Java 8 or higher)
- You have solid experience working in an agile development process
- You have the ability to efficiently map product requirements to technical concepts
and anticipate technological tasks that come with a desired functionality
- You understand the importance of testing the product
- You know how to use Git and are familiar with Git Flow, furthermore you know OSGi
- You know about software architecture and design patterns
- You are a teamplayer and sparring partner within your team: open, communicative, passionate and ambitious
- You can solve problems, work self-initiated and reliably
- You like Robots ;-)
Additional Desired Requirements
- You have the ability to coach your team members in agile development and technical expertise
- You can actively contribute ideas to improve the product
- You have the ability to present the product to stakeholders
Feel free to apply either in English or in German