Machine Learning Engineer - ML - AI (f/m/d)
What we do
Wandelbots revolutionizes the way how industrial robots are programmed and used. In contrast to traditional manual programming of robots, Wandelbots enables non-programmers to teach robots by demonstration with various input devices. People can simply demonstrate industrial robots how a task is performed. With the help of AI we make it possible to keep the teaching process fast and simple even for complex robotic applications. The aim is to automatically generate adaptive and flexible processes from user demonstrations.
As we are constantly finding new possibilities while we are developing the product, we are looking for an all-rounder in Machine Learning who enjoys new challenges. The ideal candidate needs a product and user oriented mindset, can think outside the box, is passionated about artificial intelligence and interested in the latest developments in the field. While we are working on making an extremely complex area as easy as possible, it is very important to have major experience in software development as well as algorithm design.
About the role
- Be an allrounder who can solve difficult tasks iteratively
- Shape the focus of our AI-activities with your ideas
- Identify potential for the use of AI and machine learning in our product
- Handle real world data, which is big, messy, incomplete and full of errors
- Collaborate with the complete software and hardware development team
What we offer
- Help to turn the world of robotics upside down
- Due to the high degree of abstraction of our product and the goal of a platform, we will have undreamt-of possibilities in the interaction of AI and robotics in the future.
- Be part of an innovative, challenging and fun work-environment in one of the most exciting start-ups in Germany
- If you are not here yet: Live and work in Dresden, a leading educational, cultural, and industrial center in Germany, located in the picturesque Elbe valley
- Environment for constant improvement
- You’ve got 3+ years of industrial working experience in building and applying machine learning algorithms as part of a software product
- You are not afraid to try new things
- You have solid experience working in an agile development process
- You know how to use Git and are familiar with Git Flow
- You can communicate clearly and are interested in preparing and sharing your knowledge with the team
- You are a visionary in the field of deep learning, reinforcement learning, data engineering etc.
- You know how to build clean software, which is easy to understand and reusable
- You work iteratively and generate intermediate results
- You can deal with deadlines and can deliver the best results in the time available
- You offer a strong knowledge in deep learning algorithms and a firm mathematical foundation in machine learning
- You are used to working with Python, besides you have a solid experience in e.g. TensorFlow, numpy, etc.
- Friends say about you: “You are smart, a team player, open, communicative and self-motivated“
- Colleagues say about you: “You love challenges, you are an analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills”
Additional Desired Requirements
- You have the ability to coach your team members in agile development and technical expertise
- You can actively contribute ideas to improve the product
- You have the ability to present the product to stakeholders
Feel free to apply either in English or in German